= bright or clear spring from the Old English
beorht + wella. Brightwell was known as Beorhtawille by 854 and
by 1086 as Bricsteuuelle. Baldwin
was a later manorial affix in the late 14th century, when possession
was taken by Baldwin de Bereford.
travel to Brightwell Baldwin by road, use the M40, and exit at Junction
6 (40 minutes from London approx, one hour 20 minutes from Birmingham,
approx). Head to Watlington and continue on the B480 to Cuxham.
Just beyond Cuxham, turn left to Brightwell Baldwin.